All of our swimming teachers are qualified to ASA or STA standard.
We have a number of both male and female swimming teachers including;
- John Burton, a Padi scuba diver, held the freestyle record for 33 1/3 yards at the age of 14 and as far as he knows it still hasn’t been beaten!
- Matt Green who is a new member to our team and also a football coach;
- Sarah Penhalagan who used to swim and compete for Oddicombe swimming;
- Sue Witchell who has coached in Northamptonshire;
- Carina Pearce who has passed her National Pool Lifeguard Qualification twice;
- Cath Bellamy who has won about 30 bronze, silver and gold medals for swimming at a County level; and
- Jacquie Lovett, a british sub-aqua snorkel diver teacher and Padi scuba diver, who has been a swimming teacher for 17 years.