Closing Date: 14 November 2017
Employer: Saints Saints Southwest
Number of Positions: 3 ( x1 Devon x1 Somerset x1 Cornwall)
Location: South West
Contract: Full Time
Closing Date: Tuesday 14th November 2017
Interview Date: Tuesday 21st November 2017
Entry Level: FA Level 2 and relevant Sports Degree
The successful candidate will be part of a professional team of Saints Southwest coaches, coaching young people using the Saints methodology, providing participants with an opportunity to develop on and off the pitch. You must be flexible and adaptable with high levels of self-motivation. Available to work late afternoons, evenings and occasional weekends. Good communication skills will be vital for regular interaction with current and prospective new clients players, staff, parents and external representatives while representing the Club in a professional manner at all times. Further to the role of Development Officer, this exciting opportunity will require successful applicants to deliver creative and enthusiastic sessions in accordance with the Saints Southwest expectations.
If you are successful you can look forward to:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Kit and equipment
- Full SFC Under Armour Uniform
- Learning and development from CPD sessions covering a variety of topics
- Experience of working within an innovative club
- Deliver community coaching sessions and help to make a difference
There are opportunities to work within and develop the following programmes:
- School Sport - Delivering breakfast, lunchtime and after-school clubs, as well as PPA/PE curriculum sessions during Curriculum and Non-Curriculum time.
- Football Development opportunities - Delivering fun sessions to Saints Soccer Tots (2-4 years), Mini Soccer Saints (4-6 years) and Saints Soccer Centre (7-11 years) attendees.
- Post 16 Football - Delivering sessions and managing teams (when required) in leagues to students at local Colleges and Universities as part of their Football Academy programmes and sport provision.
- Development Centre, Regional Development Centre & Regional Squads - Delivering sessions to participants who attend the centres, to develop and improve players to reach their potential and be the best they can be. Managing a team who play within the Junior Premier League.
- Soccer Schools - Deliver sessions, competitions and tournaments at our full day long courses which are delivered at various venues in the South West.
Outline of key areas of delivery:
- To lead, manage, enhance and influence the development of a team of coaches
- To ensure the team works effectively to deliver the Saints Southwest programme
- To organise and deliver various sessions to the highest standards
- To support players in all sessions ensuring they are at the right session according to their age and ability
- To promote Saints Southwest programmes through the delivery of taster days/sessions
- Encourage players and those that work with them, to work to the Soccer School philosophy
- To exceed targets that are in place
- To actively promote/market events and programmes
- Ensure admin is carried out to Saints Southwest requirements
- Maintain and grow relationships with internal and external partners
Education and Training:
- FA Coaching Qualification (Level 2) or Youth Leadership Award for at least 1 year (essential)
- FA Coaching Qualification (Level 3) (desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills (essential)
- Competent in a range of information technology applications, including word processing and spreadsheets (desirable)
- First Aid (essential)
- Safeguarding (essential)
- Full driving licence (essential)
- Experience of working with hard to reach young people (essential)
- Experience of running events and activities (essential)
- Experience of working with diverse communities and in particular working with targeted groups in sport, education and leisure (essential)
- Experience of delivering outreach programmes at a local level for local communities (desirable)
- Experience of working within a professional sports environment (desirable)
- Able to work using own initiative and manages time and prioritises work in an effective and productive way(essential)
- Communicates orally in a fluent and concise manner (essential)Able to produce appropriate, clear written communication (essential)
- Able to use Substance (desirable)
- Establishes and maintains constructive and open relationships with a wide range of people, achieving positive shared outcomes and sharing feedback (essential)
- Displays a sound understanding of equality issues, respecting and valuing individuals diversity and variety of contributions (essential)
- Maintains confidentiality, shows integrity and is reliable and trustworthy (essential)
To apply for this vacant position please send CV [email protected].